The latest from Next Generation CrossFit in Tulsa, Oklahoma...
9am: 14.2 Open WOD for all non-competing NextGen members
10am: “14.2″ Open WOD for all NextGen competitors
Strength/Skill: Bench Press or Ring Pushups
Three rounds, each separately timed with a five minute break in-between. Post all three scores to comments.
Strength/Skill: Back Squats or Box Jumps
Five rounds of:
Bear crawl 100 feet
Standing broad-jump, 100 feet
Do three Burpees after every five broad-jumps. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
Last weeks’s “Bring Sally Up, Bring Sally Down” WOD
Strength/Skill: Snatch or Jump rope drills
Five rounds for time of:
15 Overhead Squats (95/65)
Post time to comments.
Strength/Skill: Front Squats or Pistols
WOD: Five rounds of:
Max Burpees in one minute (full range of motion)
Rest five minutes between sets. Post reps for each round to comments.
It was great seeing Sarah this past weekend!
The next four weeks of the 2014 NextGen CrossFit Opens will follow this format:
1. The CrossFit Games website will post each of the four competition workouts every Thursday at 7pm (14.2, 14.3, 14.4, and 14.5). Athletes must read WOD description, watch attached video, and understand all rules. Also, at 7pm on the Games website, there is a live competition showcasing two top-tier Games athletes going head-to-head in the workout – very cool!
2. Saturday’s 9am class will be for non-competing NextGen members to do the workout (there will be no “Open Gym” for the next four Saturdays). The 10am class will be dedicated to competitors. The entire gym is welcome and encouraged to come cheer on our NextGen competitors!
3. There will be a brief Athlete/Judges meeting every Saturday at 10am before starting. Throughout the week, competitors may sign up for heats on the whiteboard.
3. If a competitor cannot compete on Saturday, he may contact and arrange for a Judge to validate him on Friday, Sunday, or Monday. Validation may be done during class hours, but not by the coach running the class for that hour.
4. For insurance reasons, a NextGen trainer must be present in the gym if you want to be validated during non-class times.
5. All scores must be submitted with proof to Eric by Monday afternoon.
Thanks! Looking forward to the upcoming month! – Eric
Strength/Skill: Deadlift or Stone Cleans
5 Deadlifts (75lbs/45lbs)
5 Hang Cleans
5 Front Squats
5 Push Presses
5 Overhead Squats
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.